Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vegetarian Chili

I found this great recipe in Yoga Journal Magazine a few months back and it has quickly become a weeknight staple in my life.  It's super easy, and yummy.  Believe me just because I am a fashionista does not make me a domestic diva.  So.... If I can do it, you can!
Ingredients: 
2 cups chopped onions
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 cup red salsa
2 bell peppers, any color, chopped
3 cups cooked black beans
3 cups blanched, peel tomatoes
2 cups corn kernels
Optional: Salt, Hot sauce, cilantro

1) In a soup pot, cook the onions and garlic in the water over a high heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.  Add the cumin and coriander and stir over a high heat for a minute.  Stir in the salsa and bell peppers, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2) Add the black beans and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.  Use a wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes.  Add the corn and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.  Add salt and hot sauce to taste.  Stir in cilantro if desired.  

Try it out! Let me know how it goes

Recipe Found in Yoga Journal with Permission from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat  Favorites, by the Moosewood Collective. (Clarkson Potter, 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment